Thursday 15 March 2012

Supermarket Voyeur

So i must confess that while I wait for my turn at the check out I can't help but have a sneaky look at the peoples trolley around me I find it fasinating. 
However since starting my diet I must admit to feeling awkward when shopping I now obsessively check all the labels before buying. I used to see people do this and thought they were a bit fancy. Now that I do it I can't help but feel peoples eyes on me ...judging me. Thinking sure sure your not really healthy your too fat to be. 

So after nearly 3 weeks on a very limited carbs intake I can honestly say I'm over it. My weight has gone back to the start and I'm so disheartened about that. I feel like I've given up everything I love and done all this and achieved nothing! Well I have in actual fact achieved nothing haven't I.

I haven't had beer, coke, sugar, full milk, fruit, potatoes, bread, cereal, pasta, chocolate, ice-cream, cookies, lollies or rice for the past 3 weeks. These are all things that I would pretty much have daily before the diet. I also haven't had junk food such as pizza, maccas or KFC etc- which i might have had one of these once a week.

I miss beer!



see I have dozens of photos of me drinking a big beer

mmmmm beer

I also miiissssss dessert!

I have had a couple of things I shouldn't have...in total in 3 weeks I have had 2 carrots, an apple, 2 nectarines and 2 chocolate biscuits.  I can only conclude that this is why I haven't lost any weight at all. But the fatty in me is saying well you could have just lived your life as normal eating happily what you like and still been where you are right now.

Obviously I cannot sustain this phase much longer especially with such abysmal results. Not only have I lost in total 0 kilos( after initial 2 I put them back on somehow) I feel bloated and huge and i seem to need a LOT of fibre supplements to help me but I'm still nowhere near as regular as I used to be. I'm going to add a piece of fruit a day and some whole grains to this diet and see how I go on that. I think that this will also help with my grumpy mood. 

The website sort of lead me to believe (with enough disclaimers) that in phase one 'the detox' phase the weight loss will be the most dramatic and then you'll just go into maintaining. Well what then if i lose nothing then maintain that?

Trying to leave this on a positive note I can say that I have kicked my caffine habbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment