Wednesday 29 February 2012

How to paste a button on to your blog from someone elses page

Thought I'd write some simple instructions as it took me a long time to work out how to do this.

I read through about 50 google searches trying to work it out and although many many people have asked this very same question before me, I found the answers to be vague and unhelpful! 

Step 1
In your blogs design screen go to the Layout area. 
Then select Add a Gadget any will do (you can move them later where you want them on the page). 


Step 2
From the selection list choose HTML/ Java Script its in the basic menu just scroll down  the list a little.

Step 3
This screen box will appear you wont need a title in the content box paste in the code of the button you wish to use then save.

Step 4
Move the button where you want it on your page layout and click save arrangement. 

Hope this was helpful! Next I'm learning how to put a facebook share / like button on my page wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment